At JM Glendinning, we have extensive experience arranging insurance for all kinds and sizes of businesses, from one-man shows to mid-sized companies. We use our contacts with quality insurers plus our knowledge of the market to find you the best-priced quality insurance for Personal Trainers.
What is Personal Trainer Insurance?
Imagine if a client claimed that a pulled muscle that resulted from an exercise you had recommended to them. They claim it had led to a loss of valuable work and income. Whether you were at fault or not, this might prove a difficult claim to defend – and would almost certainly lead to you losing time and money.
Personal Trainer Insurance is made up of a number of different covers, which can be combined to suit your individual circumstances. This ensures that you’re protected from the moment you start working as a Personal Trainer.
What does Personal Trainer Insurance cover?
Every Personal Trainer needs insurance. However, insurance needs vary, and can depend on such factors as:
- Business premises
- Focus and location of sports activities
- Equipment and machines employed
At JM Glendinning, we pride ourselves on avoiding one-size-fits-all insurance policies in favour of bespoke packages, which offer our clients better value for money, often with a higher level of protection.
Every Personal Trainer has slightly different requirements. However, some covers typically included in a Personal Trainer Insurance plan are:
- Public Liability Insurance. An absolutely an essential cover for Personal Trainers, this will help you out in terms of legal support and financial compensation should a member of the public (which includes your clients) sue you for damage to their property, bodily injury or death.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance. Giving professional advice is a critical element of your job. You do everything you can to make sure this advice is sound. However, oversights, omissions and erroneous advice can lead to ruinous lawsuits. Protection on this front is strongly advised.
- Personal Accident Cover. Your physical wellbeing is the lifeblood of your business, and if you were to suffer a debilitating accident, you would need compensation for loss of earnings. Personal Accident Insurance will ensure you’re covered for a range of accidents that could occur while you’re working, and cover you for either temporary or permanent disability.
- Equipment Insurance. For many of your clients, your training sessions will be the highlight of their week – a period of time when they can relax and let you take the reins. If anything were to happen to your equipment, it could threaten your professional reputation. Equipment cover will provide you with timely replacements to ensure your business keeps running smoothly.
Why buy your Personal Trainer Insurance through JM Glendinning?
As a Personal Trainer, you need a robust insurance policy that covers every eventuality. At JM Glendinning we understand the nature of your work and the specific risks it entails. We will match your needs to a range of Personal Trainer Insurance policies from some of the UK’s most trusted insurers.
When it comes to making a claim, having a professional insurance broker on hand can be a huge advantage, as we can help negotiate on your behalf in order to help you in obtaining a speedy and satisfactory result.
Contact us for more details
If you’re a Personal Trainer and would like to discuss insurance for your business, give us a call us on 0191 639 3093, or contact us through the website. We’ll work with you to find the right cover for your needs.