What is covered by Courier Insurance?
The exact cover you need depends on your circumstances. We’ll discuss your business with you, to help you establish exactly what you need. Typically though, cover for couriers will include the following:
- Courier Vehicle Insurance – This covers damage to your van as well as any liabilities towards third parties. It’s important that you buy specific insurance for couriers, as a standard van policy will not be adequate.
- Goods in Transit Insurance – This covers the loss of – or damage to – goods that you are carying for customers.
- Public Liability Insurance – This protects you against any compensation claims from third parties, other than any motor liabilities. For example if you injured a third party during a delivery, or accidentally damaged a customer’s property or premises, this would cover the cost of damages and legal fees.
What do you need to consider when it comes to Courier Insurance?
Insurers look at many aspects of your business when deciding on the premium and terms for your insurance. That’s why we work closely with you to understand your business fully before we look to find insurance for you. Those factors might include:
- The number and type of vehicles you have
- Your experience in the courier market
- The type of goods you carry
- The customers you work for
- The number of drivers you have and their experience
- Your claims history
- Whether you work only for yourself or for larger operators
Sometimes, something as simple as having your own livery on your vehicles can mean a discount on your premiums. It’s because of fine details like this that we work so closely with customers to understand their business fully.
Why should you deal with JM Glendinning for your Courier Insurance?
We’ve been established since 1972 and we’re now one of the UK’s Top-75 Insurance Brokers, among over 3,000. As a family-run business, we’re now big enough to have significant buying-power with major insurers, but we’re still focused on providing professional, personal insurance advice to our clients. We’re also members of BIBA (British Insurance Brokers Association), one of the foremost insurance bodies in the UK.
If you need to make a claim, you can count on our 24/7 accident claims reporting service to get the process started promptly.